For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"), the data controller is Korala Associated Limited of John Cotton Building, 10/14 Sunnyside, Edinburgh EH7 5RA ("we" or "us").
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
You may view the Site without giving any personal information about yourself. However, if you register for our newsletter, we ask you for certain basic and personal information in order to build up your personal profile.
We may collect information about you:
- When you provide information directly to us. This includes information provided through web forms, when you register to use the 'Partner Area' of the Site or subscribe to our newsletter.
- If you contact us. We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. For more information on how to delete or control cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information about our products and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have signed up to our newsletter.
- To notify you about changes to our service or the website.
We do not disclose your personal information to third party marketers without your permission.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Korala Associates Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.