This role would suit someone with relevant experience in an accounting environment or someone who is looking to start a career in finance following relevant higher education.
The Finance Assistant is a self-starter and a team player who would be involved in a variety of tasks to support the group finance team. Tasks will include day-to-day reporting together with month and year-end procedures for our offices in Edinburgh, Dublin, Cincinnati, Mexico City, Mumbai, Chennai, Istanbul, Amsterdam, Bucharest, Verona, Munich and Sydney.
Skills and experience required
- The candidate should have good IT skills and be particularly comfortable working with Excel and Outlook
- The candidate should be committed and able to work to tight deadlines
- Working in multiple currencies would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience or knowledge of UK VAT rates and reporting requirements
- Experience or knowledge of working with SageLine50 or similar accounting package
- Assisting with the management of the debtors ledger including assisting with fact checking invoices and updating various monitoring spreadsheets and entering invoices on to Sage
- Maintaining accurate records for our customers on Sage, updating addresses and contact information
- Assisting with customer related queries from our commercial and sales teams
- Raising and posting inter-company recharge invoices
- Monitoring multiple bank accounts in various currencies and updating the cash management spreadsheet, investigating any discrepancies
- Assisting with purchase ledger activities including reviewing invoices, obtaining the necessary approvals and coding invoices on Sage
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Reviewing and reconciling monthly credit card statements, entering transactions on Sage
- General assistance with any day-to-day tasks and month-end procedures
KAL is a world-leading ATM software provider, which is leading the market in solutions for bank ATMs, self-service kiosks, and bank branch networks. This team allows us to understand local customer needs as well as the global challenges our suite of ATM software products needs to address to enable us to deliver best in market products to the world’s leading banks.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including life, health and critical illness insurance, paid overtime and travel time as well as many other benefits, which is why many of our team who joined the company when it started over 30 years ago are still here today!