Location: Edinburgh or Dublin
KAL, the leader in multivendor ATM software, has an excellent opportunity for a Graduate Technical Author to develop their skills and career. The post would also suit someone with the right skills moving from an engineering or QA testing background.
Based at our Edinburgh or Dublin office, although currently remote, you will produce and maintain internal and external user documentation, including user guides, installation manuals and release notes, video, and online content. In addition to your daily responsibilities under the guidance of the Global Documentation Manager, you will take part in team meetings and work with KAL team members at our international offices.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing new content (initially under supervision), editing and proofreading user guides, how-tos, APIs and release notes
- Identifying and implementing potential improvements to texts in response to feedback
- Liaising with other technical authors to maintain house style and methodology
- Developing support and training materials, including video
- Content development and maintenance of the company website and intranet
- Working with the KAL team to ensure good communications and information flow
- Must currently have the legal right to live and work in the place of employment
Skills and experience required
- One year+ writing experience, preferably in a global development environment. Or a graduate with evidence of writing experience, e.g. thesis
- A good degree in a relevant discipline combined with strong writing skills
- The ability to explain complex concepts in clear and concise English
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, with the ability to gather technical information from developers, existing documents and by using the product
- Attention to detail and accurate editing and proofreading skills
- The ability to deal with changing requirements and tight timescales in an agile environment
- Self-motivated but also enjoys working as part of a team
- Good skills in MS Office, MadCap Flare, MS SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Visual Studio, Adobe products, Linux, Markdown, GitHub Pages etc. would be an advantage
- Familiarity with audio, image and video making, capture and editing, especially Premiere Pro
- Demonstrable web skills, including HTML, CSS, and CMS development (e.g. Joomla)
- Readiness to learn new tools and a problem-solving attitude
This is a great opportunity if you are passionate about producing accurate, user-friendly documentation and would like the chance to work in a global market-leading software development environment. If you are a self-starter, with drive, energy, and enthusiasm, able to communicate at all levels and work to deadlines, then we would love to hear from you.
KAL offers flexible working hours, a competitive benefits package, which includes private healthcare and half-price gym membership, and a social yet driven working environment.
For more information about KAL, videos and details of our products and customers, look at https://www.kal.com/en/kal-video/