As an IT Systems Engineer based in our office in Edinburgh, you will report directly to Global IT Systems Manager and will share responsibility for the management of the IT Systems Services and IT Systems Support functions with the other engineers.
There is a rota in place, which you would join after a familiarisation period, this will entail 1 week on helpdesk (and on-call) with 3 weeks working on projects. This is an exciting time to join KAL as we are refreshing our infrastructure from the ground up due to a scheduled office migration. If you are proactive, keen and diligent, want to feel pride in your workplace and have ownership of technologies then this is the right move for you.
Skills and experience required
- Solid experience in a similar role (Desktop / Server support using Microsoft technologies – 2
- Experience with business continuity techniques
- Experience with networking – TCPIP, VPN, firewalls, routing and switching
- Experience with Hyper-V and SQL advantageous
- Flexible problem solver willing to take on any task and manage a wide range of ongoing
projects assigned to you and your team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines
- Fluency in English is essential as English is our working language. Other languages are highly
- Must have the legal right to live and work in the UK
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting our Global user base via a ticketing system
- Responsible for management of our Server estate (primarily Microsoft)
- Responsible for full lifecycle ownership of any given problem ticket/’s
- Responsible for build / break-fix of consumer devices and servers
- Liaison with IT suppliers
- Support and maintain Microsoft Exchange 2019, Microsoft SQL, Hardware and Software Support, CISCO, HP, Dell
We are a fast-growing, privately held technology company, which is leading the market for bank
ATM software solutions. We currently have offices in Sydney, Cincinnati, Mumbai, Chennai, Verona,
Bucharest, Dublin, Istanbul and Mexico City.