On December 12, KAL CEO, Aravinda Korala, and Executive Vice President of Sales, Steve Hensley, presented ‘The Roadmap for ATM Migration to Windows 7’.
The webinar presentation looked at all areas banks must consider ahead of migration, including:
• The key features of Windows 7;
• The cost of migration to Windows 7;
• The rationale for upgrading to Windows 7, rather than Windows 8;
• The ramifications for FIs of Microsoft’s decision to end Windows XP support; and
• The outlook for banks that plan to run Windows XP on their ATMs indefinitely.
Additionally, Korala shared mitigating strategies for banks that do not plan to migrate to Windows 7 prior to the deadline, instead continuing to operate Windows XP-based machines. Also assessed were the results of the ATMIA Migration Readiness survey.