As a Software Engineer based in KAL’s offices in Verona, you will work in collaboration with the other global offices within KAL. We currently have offices in Sydney, Cincinnati. Chennai, Mumbai, Edinburgh, & Mexico City which demonstrates our exciting and truly international presence.
You are expected to be an active member of the engineering department in the Verona office as well as the other KAL offices, customers and partners, you will be given responsibilities from the very beginning of your career at KAL, so you must hit the ground running but with support from each and every employee of the company.
Skills and experience required
- Educated to Degree level in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, other related Engineering/Science degrees.
- Although not required, experience of software development in the ATM industry would be beneficial.
- High proficiency in C++ or C#.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential and other languages are a welcome advantage.
- Translating/customizing ideas and requirements into high quality code that is deployed in production.Maintaining and updating the product or applications as per new requirements to adapt and improve its performance.
- Agile approach to testing, designing, prototyping and implementing user interfaces or business logics based on organizational requirements from business to business.
- Delivering fully tested solutions to the test team.
- Solving complex problems involving scalability, concurrency, and consistency and providing pragmatic solutions.
- Offering guidance and recommendations for technical decision making.
- Implementing best practices and encourage others to follow your example.
- Collaborating with the test team to validate and verify quality of solutions.
- Working with business analysts to develop project implementation and develop plans including user interfaces.
- Leading brainstorming sessions on project requirements to review and assist in designing the application in line with quality standards.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing presentations, flowcharts & diagrams.
- Continuing commitment to a quality approach to software development by keeping track of the latest technology and design concepts.
- Conducting formal training and knowledge transfer sessions to new team members.
- Preparing weekly status report and updating Project Manager and Director of Engineering.
- Love coding and technology.
- Strong commercial focus.
- Great communication skills.
- Very attentive to detail.
The engineering team at KAL is responsible for implementing, maintaining and evolving KAL´s suite of ATM software products that are used by banks across the globe. We have offices in Edinburgh, Verona, Mumbai, Chennai, Sydney, Cincinnati and Mexico City - demonstrating our exciting and truly international presence.
We are a customer-based team. We require people who can solve problems quickly and accurately, and who can also deal with multiple tasks and projects. We regularly customize our products to meet our customer needs, and therefore we are looking for candidates that are focused not only on creating great software, but have both the creativity and the interest in coming up with new ideas that improve our service and move our solutions forward.
We offer flexible working hours and a competitive benefits package. We take care of our staff and that is why many of them who joined the company when it started 25 years ago are still here today!
For more Information about KAL, interviews with our CEO, details of our products and customers, take a look at some of our videos.
By submitting your CV to KAL you confirm that you have read the KAL Information Notice for Applicants
Download the job description
Read more ...