KAL ATM Software GmbH (“KAL”) are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data. This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
We are KAL ATM Software GmbH, Office 353, Leopoldstrasse 244, 80807, Munich, Germany ("we" or "us").
Why are we collecting your information?
The purpose of us processing your’ personal information is to allow us to comply with legal obligations and for our legitimate business interests of pursuing business opportunities, provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override this.
The situations in which we may process your personal information are listed below:
- To contact you via telephone or email in order to pursue business opportunities
- To provide you with information about KAL products and services available from time to time
- To inform you of KAL’s market activity relevant industry insights
- To provide you with KAL’s newsletter
- To provide you with details regarding events you may be interested in
- To maintain an accurate customer records
- To notify you of changes to our service
Some cookies are required to provide core functionality. The website won't function properly without these cookies and they are enabled by default and cannot be disabled. We use CookieHub to store information about whether visitors have given or declined the use of cookie categories used on the site.
Preference cookies enables the web site to remember information to customise how the web site looks or behaves for each user. This may include storing selected currency, region, language or colour theme. We use AddThis, a social sharing widget which is commonly embedded in websites to enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms.
Analytical cookies help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage. This information contain a unique identifier used by Google Analytics to determine that two distinct hits belong to the same user across browsing sessions.
Information we may collect from you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
To provide you with information about our products and services we may collect the following data:
- Your name
- Your employment details (job title and company name)
- Your location details
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We use social media plug-ins to monitor social media shares and page views. This is statistical data about user’s browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Details of your interaction with our newsletter, including whether you opened an article included on our newsletter
Who will we share your information with?
We may share your information with our international branch offices and subsidiary companies:
- KAL Software UK (UK)
- KAL ATM Software India Private Limited (India)
- KAL Italy S.R.L. (Italy)
- KAL Software Mexico S.A. de C.V. (Mexico)
- KAL Software Inc (USA)
- KAL Software Bucharest SRL (Romania)
- KAL ATM Software Ireland Limited (Ireland)
- KAL Turkey Yazilim ve Arge Limited Sirketi (Turkey)
- KAL Technology (Shenzhen) Limited (China)
- KAL Australia Branch
We use Salesforce.com EMEA Limited services to manage certain aspects of our customer relationship management (CRM).
We may also share your data with a regulatory body if we are required to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation.
Transferring your information internationally
Your information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and due to KALs global presence; our employees based outside the EEA may process it. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. However, to ensure that your personal information does receive an adequate level of protection we have put in place appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is treated in a way that is consistent with and which respects the EU and UK laws on data protection.
Some of your information may be stored by Salesforce.com EMEA Limited who is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
How we will keep your information safe
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long will we keep your information?
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for KAL to fulfil the purpose that your information was collected for. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
You have the opportunity to opt-out of KAL marketing at any time. A link to opt-out is provided at the footer of each KAL newsletter. You may also inform us via email of your desire to opt-out; these requests may be sent to
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Please note in some instances, for example where we are lawfully required to hold your information, it may not be possible to fulfil your request in its entirety. If this is the case, KAL will make clear the reason that we cannot fulfil your request.
If you wish to contact us regarding your information, raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data or you have any other queries relating to this notice, you can contact our responsible person who will investigate the matter. We will aim to respond to any request as soon as possible and not later than 30 days from your request.
Email address –
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe, we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Bavarian State Office for Data Protection Supervision (BayLDA) here.