KAL’s multivendor software is the key to enhanced deposit functionality
Groupe Banque Populaire is one of France’s biggest and most innovative banking groups with an ATM network of more than 6,000 machines.
The challenge: Work with Banque Populaire’s IT division to rollout ‒ quickly and cost-effectively ‒ a single software environment with enhanced deposit functionality.
Groupe Banque Populaire is one of France's biggest and most innovative banks with a 6,000+ ATM network. The bank chose KAL's multivendor software Kalignite Platform because:
- The bank had previously worked with KAL in 2005 for the implementation of mobile phone top-up functionality using KAL's EMV Kernel
- This solution was implemented quickly with zero incidents reported
- Kalignite was successfully integrated with 35 ATM hardware manufacturers worldwide
Work in partnership with Banque Populaire’s IT division to design and implement the innovative multivendor solution:
- Ensure the bank’s IT division could reuse KAL's business objects without needing to make significant modifications to its existing LSB application
- Guarantee no change to the original network architecture, which relied on middleware software from another vendor for the cash dispensing aspect of the solution
Groupe Banque Populaire achieved a seamless solution using KAL’s Kalignite Platform and K3A application to integrate hardware and software from multiple vendors.
Key project outcomes
- KAL delivered its Kalignite Platform and K3A application in a specially componentized form so that they worked side-by-side with the bank’s existing application (LSB)
- KAL software enabled the bank to add four new transactions: enhanced cash deposit, check deposit, coin deposit and coin dispense, as well as support for customer and supervisor transactions
- The K3A components control the application flow, business logic and error handling, leaving the LSB application with the user interface and overall control
- The bank was able to reuse KAL's business objects without needing to make significant modifications to its existing LSB application
- The IT division didn't need to change its original architecture, which relied on middleware software from another vendor for the cash dispensing aspect of the solution
The bank's IT division is very pleased with the choice of Kalignite for deposit transactions. We found KAL to be a very professional company and it was very easy for our two teams to work together on this challenging project.
— Francois Taveau, Direteur Programme (LSB)
More about Banque Populaire
Groupe Banque Populaire is one of France's biggest and most innovative banks with an ATM network of more than 6,000 machines. It consists of a group of co-operative banks, 18 regional banks, the CASDEN Banque Populaire and the Credit Cooperatif, control BP.