Korala Associates Limited (“KAL”) are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data. This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
We are Korala Associates Limited of 5 Logie Mill, Beaverbank Business Park, Edinburgh, EH7 4HG ("we" or "us").
Why are we collecting your information?
The purpose of us storing and processing your personal information is to allow us to comply with legal obligations and for our legitimate business interests of pursuing business opportunities, provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override this.
The situations in which we may process your personal information are listed below:
- To contact you via telephone or email in order to pursue business opportunities
- To provide you with information about KAL products and services available from time to time
- To inform you of KAL’s market activity and relevant industry insights
- To provide you with KAL’s newsletter
- To provide you with details regarding events you may be interested in
- To maintain accurate customer records
- To notify you of changes to our service.
Information we may collect from you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
To provide you with information about our products and services we may collect the following data:
- Your name
- Your employment details (job title and company name)
- Your location details
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Details of your visits to our website (www.kal.com), including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
- Details of your interaction with our newsletter and emails, including whether you opened an article included on our newsletter.
Who will we share your information with?
We may share your information with our international branch offices and subsidiary companies:
- KAL ATM Software India Private Limited (India)
- KAL Italy S.R.L. (Italy)
- KAL Software Mexico S.A. de C.V. (Mexico)
- KAL Software Inc (USA)
- KAL Software Bucharest SRL (Romania)
- KAL ATM Software Ireland Limited (Ireland)
- KAL Turkey Yazilim ve Arge Limited Sirketi (Turkey)
- KAL Australia Branch.
We use Salesforce.com EMEA Limited services to manage certain aspects of our customer relationship management (CRM).
We may also share your data with a regulatory body if we are required to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation.
Transferring your information internationally
Your information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and due to KAL's global presence; our employees based outside the EEA may process it. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. However, to ensure that your personal information does receive an adequate level of protection we have put in place appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is treated in a way that is consistent with and which respects the EU and UK laws on data protection.
Some of your information may be stored by Salesforce.com EMEA Limited who is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
How we will keep your information safe
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long will we keep your information?
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for KAL to fulfil the purpose that your information was collected for. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Please note in some instances, for example where we are lawfully required to hold your information, it may not be possible to fulfil your request in its entirety. If this is the case, KAL's responsible person (details below) will make clear the reason that we cannot fulfil your request.
If you wish to contact us regarding your information, raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data or you have any other queries relating to this notice, you can contact us at the email address below and we will investigate the matter. We will aim to respond to any request as soon as possible and not later than 30 days from your request.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe, we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via the following link https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ or the ICO helpline 0303 123 1113.